Format Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Format Factory

Format Factory is a software that can convert most media file types into different file types. It supports converting between various image, audio and video formats as well as converting to mobile formats and DVD / CD conversions. This broad functionality might make it interesting to some users.
The application was designed with ease of use in mind, especially the conversions can be handled without knowing anything about bitrates, formats and frames. If a user wants to convert videos into mp4 format he simply selects a desired quality and size or picks a device like the PSP or iPod that he wants to view the video on. Experienced users can select the custom settings which give access to all video parameters of the target video.
Format Factory supports batch conversions and multiple files and even folders can be picked at once to be added to the processing queue. It is even possible to mix file formats in the queue, everything is handled quite well by the software.

If you play around with Format Factory for a while you notice several “nice to have” features that have been added. Tag lines can be added to images that are converted for instance and it's up to the user to pick a font, size, color and text of the tag line.
I downloaded some hiqh quality flash video files of Gametrailers.com and converted them in the application. I was surprised at the speed of the conversion. It's fast and efficient from what I can tell.

Thanks for pointing this neat app out. I am always getting sent videos from this girl who takes them with her phone (.3gp) to convert for her. Trying to get her to understand codecs, bitrates, etc. to get her to do them herself it's just to much. I bet even she can understand this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom