Fix for error "x.y.htm has configuration information that is invalid" In Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Fix for error "x.y.htm has configuration information that is invalid" In Dreamweaver

Affected Versions
the only versions that this error affects is MX 2004 and DW 8, although it could potentially affect other versions if they use the same caching system.

Description
I opened up Dreamweaver as normal, but upon automatic loading of every file I got the error "asp.net.htm has configuration information that is invalid" in a (application modal) dialog box. Files opened manually also gave the error, sometimes multiple times. Going to check extensions - of which I have none installed - also gave an error.

Fix
I couldn't find much info on the error, but I eventually found the following fix:

Quit Dreamweaver

Find in this folder -

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration\SiteCache\sitename.dws

and delete it.

NB: These folders are normally hidden - you may have to use Tools > Folder Options > View and unhide them.

Restart Dreamweaver.

If that doesn't work, then look in that Configuration folder for a file with a .dat extension (like WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat) and delete it.

Example Errors
ASP.Net.htm: has configuration information that is invalid

PHP_MySQL.htm: has configuration information that is invalid

While executing onLoad in Date_beforeSave.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom