Firefox Update Error - AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Firefox error AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200) is a general update error message that can not be attributed to one specific error. Generally speaking the error can be related to the offline mode, proxy servers, network connections or https related. This are only a few of the possibilities and I would like to explain what you can do to fix this issue.
You can of course check everything mentioned above which will probably lead to the setting or element that causes the error AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200) to appear. I would propose two methods instead which update Firefox without having to find the error message first.
The first that comes to my mind is simply download the newest version of Firefox from Mozilla and install it over the old version. This updates Firefox to the latest version. Another possibility - if you want to use the Update Checker - is to create a new profile in Firefox and use that profile to update Firefox.
The second method won't work all the time depending on the cause of the error message but it can help if the error is related to options, extensions or cookies in the current Firefox profile.
To create a new profile under Windows for Firefox you need to close Firefox completely and start it with the parameter Firefox -P which will open the profile manager. Once inside click on Create Profile and uncheck Don't ask at startup. Start Firefox and select the new profile and use it to update Firefox.

Firefox Update Error - AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200) :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom