find your product id....

Status
Not open for further replies.

microsoftne

In Runtime
Where does Window's ProductId get stored ?
this is great if you "loose you key" just so you dont have to borrow some one elses (now that would drive me nutts)

There are two places at least where ProductId gets stored.
To see the first place,
1 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]. In right pane, look for key by the name "ProductId". This is your Windows Product Id.

OR Alternatively you can navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur
rentVersion] and still find same field with the name ProductId.

wats the point...you cant use this to reinstall windows unless theres a way where u can type in that instead...but i highly doubt it. MS wouldnt give it away that easy.

Here is another free program to display your Windows product key and also other Microsoft products such as Office. You can change your product key at any time if you installed the wrong serial number. If you do this, Windows update won't allow you to download updates. I've had to use that on a few occasions and it worked.

Warez Monster said:
Here is another free program to display your Windows product key and also other Microsoft products such as Office. You can change your product key at any time if you installed the wrong serial number. If you do this, Windows update won't allow you to download updates. I've had to use that on a few occasions and it worked.

Well maybe if I supplied the link, you all can download it.

ROCK XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom