Find perfect icons with Iconfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Find perfect icons with Iconfinder

Martin wrote an artcile in May about IconLook, a website where you can search for icons. I recently found another one, simply called Iconfinder, and as you would expect it enables you to find icons as well. DUring my testing I found that Iconfinder has more large icons in the 128×128 range. It also seems that IconFinder has less numbers by number, but what they do have extremely relevant and high quality.
Iconfinder is easier to use because it let's you view Licence details and tags without going to a new page, and lets you download the icon as well without switching pages (this is rare). IconLook also has some good options, for example you can select sizes before performing the search, narrowing your search instantly. Iconfinder has the same functionality, but you can narrow only after your initial search.
Overall I like both sites, perhaps the best practice is to use both. Since neither will provide pages and pages of results, you can easily scan through both sites and find the best icon for you. If you know any other icon finding sites I'd appreciate you sharing, I'm always in need of some good icons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom