Finally! Block Applications on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I have a lot of friends gushing over popular social networking site Facebook but I can't for the life of me figure out what's so great about it. It's cluttered, difficult to navigate and then, there are the applications. I've written about my dislike of Facebook apps earlier and was looking for a way to stop receiving invites for them.
Well, my prayers have been answered somewhat. I can't stop receiving invites but I can block them so I don't have ten friends sending me invitations for the same app over and over again. To do this, head over the ‘Requests' page on your Facebook profile. There, you'll see a list of all the invitations you received. Under the ‘Accept' and ‘Ignore' buttons is a small option that says ‘Block this application‘. Click on it and you're done.

Considering the sheer number of invitations I've received, It will take me forever to block them all. I think a better option is to ignore all invitations from friends who keep sending you rubbish. This way, you cut it off at the source.
Has the Facebook application madness driven you crazy yet? What's your strategy on dealing with them? Does it want to make you abandon Facebook altogether? Let me know in the comments.

Finally! Block Applications on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom