FeedDemon, NetNewsWire and NewsGatorGo now free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you are looking for a desktop RSS feed reader for Windows, Mac or Mobile devices you might want to consider FeedDemon, NetNewsWire and NewsGatorGo who have been previously commercial applications but are not free to download and use. I did not pay much attention to commercial RSS feed readers before and I can't honestly tell you much about the advantages of those products compared to their free counterparts.
Newsgator, the company that developed the three applications, did not only announce that they would be free from now on but released new versions of their products at the same time. Users with a Newsgator account can use this account to synchronize their feed on several computers and devices.
I suggest you take a look at the individual websites for FeedDemon (Windows), NetNewsWire (Mac) and NewsGator Go (Mobile Devices) to read about the features and download the software if you like what you see. I will try out FeedDemon on my Windows XP system. I already spotted two nice features. The first is to prepare Feeds to be read offline and the second to find out my popular feeds and what other NewsGator users think is popular.
You can import various formats into FeedDemon including Opml which can be generated by many online and offline RSS readers including Netvibes and Google Reader.

FeedDemon, NetNewsWire and NewsGatorGo now free - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom