Extract several archives with multiple volumes at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I recently downloaded 24 files that have been split into multiple rar files. Each of the 24 files began with x.rar and ended at x.r24 with x being a number between 1 and 24. I did not want to right-click all 24 files one by one and select Extract Here from the menu because this meant a lot of work. I had to stay at the computer all the time as well to initiate the next process.
I knew that it was possible to mark more than one file and extract it at once using the right-click menu function but I did not know how to handle archives with multiple volumes. The obvious way to handle those files would be to mark them all and extract them but this did not work because only the first volume of an archive has to be selected to unpack it.
My first test brought the correct result though. I marked all the 24 rar files (change that to zip or whatever format you are dealing with) and right-clicked one of them. I then selected Extract Here like I would when extracting single archives and all the 24 rar files where extracted at once.
This is in my opinion a great time saver and will hopefully help at least some users who were facing the same problem.

Extract several archives with multiple volumes at once - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom