Extract archives from multiple folders at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I received some very nice responses in my last Ask The Readers article that was asking the readers for a way to extract archives - including multi part ones - that would reside in different folders in one go. The archiver that I was using was able to handle all archives in one directory but not in multiple directories.
Extract Now was mentioned in the comments. I did write about it earlier actually but forgot completely that it would have that feature. As the name suggests its main purpose is to extract archives and since I do not pack files regularly I decided to make this my main application to handle archives. Extract Now supports many major file types such as zip, rar, 7z, iso and img, all in all 17 file types are supported.
Two ways are provided to communicate with the program. The main interface supports drag and drop which is probably one of the coolest features in an archiver that I have seen for a long time. Just drop a folder into the interface and Extract Now will scan it plus all subfolders for supported file types. The files will then be added and can be extracted automatically.
en438sm.gif

Several options can be configured that customize the output like retaining the archive folder structure or to extract archives into their own name folder.
Extract Now can also be added to the right-click context menu to extract files this way. This comes in handy if you want to extract just one file and not multiple ones. I have to admit that I'm so impressed by Extract Now that I made the switch from IZarc to it.

Extract archives from multiple folders at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom