Extend the Windows Clipboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
http://tech-dump.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/extend_clipboard_clipdiary.jpgThe Windows clipboard can store a single text phrase in its memory, once a new phrase is copied to the clipboard the old one is lost. If you want to copy two different text phrases for instance you need to copy the first, paste it somewhere, copy the second and paste it as well. A tool that would save more than one record at a time would optimize the process considerably.
Clipdiary, which was mentioned at Tech Yard, is such a program. It stores all plain text and rich text phrases in the clipboard as well as images in the clipboard until you delete the entry in the clipboard or a set limit of stored entries is reached. That limit is set to 3000 but you can change it from 0 (unlimited) to a number of your choosing. I personally think that 3000 is way to high because it would take ages to find the correct phrase that you are looking for, some users might find it useful nevertheless.
CTRL + C and CTRL + V work the same way as before, if you press CTRL + V the last saved phrase or image gets pasted into the current text field. The new keyboard shortcut CTRL + D opens the program interface where older entries can be picked and pasted.
It would be nice if there would be an option to pick previous items per hotkey as well. Some shortcuts are shown in the options but those did not work for me. I have set the maximum amount of saved entries to 30. The clipboard can be a security risk if you save 3000 entries, think of passwords, urls and other personal data.

Extend the Windows Clipboard : Welcome To Tech-Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom