Edit the Open And Save Places In Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Edit the Open And Save Places In Windows

The Places Bar in Windows appears in every save and open dialog in Windows. It is placed on the left side of the dialog displaying five locations that can be reached by clicking on them, think of favorites or quick links and you pretty much got it.
I already covered one application that can edit that Places Bar in Windows but it's never bad to have additional applications available that can do the same in case one of them disappears from the Internet. (yes that can happen).
Once you start the PlacesBar Tweaker application you see the five current places on the left side. Those places can be moved around to arrange them in a different order. More important than that is obviously the ability to change a location into a different one.

The user has the choice to enter a path on the hard drive of the computer (or browse to that path) or to pick a so called special folder to become one of the five places that are available. Special folders are for example links to the desktop, my documents or my network places.
Once the places are arranged the way you want them to be you can live preview the changes. There is always the option to restore the default values in case something went wrong and you want to stick with the default values again.
There is no information about the supported operating systems, all I can say is that it is running without problems on my English Windows XP Service Pack 3 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom