Download music from iJigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
IJigg is a social music website much like the popular Digg. Users post songs to iJigg and everyone else may vote for the songs and comment on them. Every song can be played on their website and even embedded in websites.
I personally do not like the layout of the site that much. The popular songs are displayed when you visit iJigg and you can navigate to the most recent songs as well. The option to filter certain genres or languages is available in the right menu. I had serious difficulties with the language filter though, it would show non-English titles even if I filtered all languages except English.

As you can see there is the option to play a song but none to save it. To save the songs you need the excellent Grab++ which has to be run in the background when you play a song. This little application displays the exact location of all media files which can then be downloaded with a download manager.
Grab++ has been created by the same developers that brought you the Orbit Downloader. I use both programs to find the songs and download them.
grabpp.jpg

All you need to do is start Grab++, click on the Music tab and visit iJigg and play songs there. Once a song is started at iJigg the url of the mp3 will be shown in Grab++. Right-click the mp3 and select download from the menu.
Songs are not properly named most of the time which can only be done manually, but this is not really a big drawback unless you plan to download hundreds of songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom