Delete files in one step - totally

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeIsGreat

Beta member
Delete files in one step - not to Recycle Bin

When you need to delete files and you _know for sure_ that you dont need the files...normally you would just press the Del-button and then you would have to delete them again in Recycle Bin.

To avoid having to make 2 steps...then press Shift + Del button and they'll be totally deleted...meaning they will not be put in Recycle Bin.

Its a general Windows feature which also works in MS Outlook and even in Outlook Express I think.

=================
For, you see, each day I love you more,
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
- Rosemonde Gérard, "L'éternelle chanson"

well you don't actually delete the file totally, it just clears the entry in the table, the actual file is still there and some recovery or data protection software can get it back for you. you can also get the properties of the recycle bin and choose to "do not move to recycle bin, remove immediately when deleted."

Yes, I know that...but for a normal user it will look like its totally gone...I know you can always use Norton Disk Doctor or similar software to recover the file...yes, you can also choose to remove immediately when deleted...but sometimes its nice to have it moved to R.B. At least Im glad Ive sometimes been able to recover some files through R.B.
Anyway, thanks for making it more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom