Defrag the Registry with Regdefrag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Windows Registry is not defragmented if you defragment your hard drive. This can be quite a problem for users who regularly install and uninstall applications on their system because uninstallers tend to “forget” to remove entries in the Registry during the uninstallation process. It's astonishing that even the Registry of my brand new system which has been setup only a week ago was highly defragmented.
Defragmenting the Registry with Regdefrag (via Genbeta) would reduce the size from 28904 Kilobyte to 27160 Kilobyte, a reduction of more than 6%. A smaller Registry tends to increase performance on the system and even decrease the time it takes to boot a system. I remember that the Registry on my old computer had a size of 55 Megabytes, that's twice the size of the current Registry.
The process or defragmentation works exactly the same way as the defragmentation of a hard drive by removing gaps, fragments and wasted space in Windows Registry files.

Analysis and Defragmentation did only take a matter of seconds on my computer, it probably will take longer on slower computers with a larger Registry.

Defrag the Registry with Regdefrag

Wow Warez you always find new things to install on my PC every day now... this 80gb drive is being used to its fullest :D

lol...

I installed this one because its a sheer necessity for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom