Create Ringtones with Audacity and Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It is possible to create ringtones from any song you like with free tools. Yes, that's right, you don't have to pay a dime for software, the music or the ringtone. All you need is some time and patience. You do need several utilities to create the ringtones: Audacity, the Lame Encoder if you do not have it installed already, FLV Extract, a browser and a video downloader. I suggest using Firefox and the excellent Download Helper extension. Install everything, look at the Download Helper article that I wrote a few weeks ago if you have troubles installing the Firefox add-on.
Now that everything is installed go to Youtube and search for music that you like. Good starting points if you do not know exactly what you are looking for are the top 100 single charts of the United States or the Top 40 singles of the UK. Other options are Amazon or other CD online shops. What I do then is visit Youtube and either enter the artist's name or song in the search box. This should be enough to find the song that you are looking for, you sometimes have to sort the results by date instead of relevancy to find what you are looking for.
Number one song is Basshunter with NOW YOU'RE GONE in the UK. A search for Basshunter on Youtube revealed the video Basshunter Now You're Gone.

Create Ringtones with Audacity and Youtube : Welcome To Tech-Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom