Create fully functioning PDF's for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Yesterday I spent about 4 hours trying to get a pdf right. I was making a subscription based newsletter for my website, so I obviously needed something of high quality. I couldn't use Acrobat, since that costs an insane amount of money, and everything else I use couldn't get it right.
Sure, you can use CutePDF, BullZip or PrimoPDF to install PDF printers, but these are only adequate (Primo was the best I think), but even if you do get the quality you need, you won't get the links and table of contents, and when making a 20 page newsletter, these are sorely missed.
After spending hours trying to figure out something, I even tried editing the PDF code by hand I realized that the solution was right under my nose, free and easy to use. I found out that OpenOffice has PDF export, and I quickly imported my Office doc, made some alterations and exported it. The export was finished in about 10 seconds and the result was perfect.

oomenu.gif
Quality is very high and most importantly, links are left in tact, and table of contents are derived from the heading structure. I didn't need to edit, alter or erase anything afterwards, it was as if I created the PDF with Acrobat 8. If you need powerful PDF conversion, head on over to OpenOffice.org and get yourself Open Office for free.

Create fully functioning PDF's for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom