Create Freehand Screenshots With Snippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Create Freehand Screenshots With Snippy

Snippy is a portable application for Windows XP and previous versions of Windows if they have the redistributable version of GDI+ installed that brings an interesting feature to the table of screenshot applications. My favorite screenshot application MWSnap supports only screenshots that are rectangular and I encountered several situations in the past where I had to include lots of whitespace in the screenshot to include all the relevant areas in the image.
Snippy (via Technospot) provides the option to do freehand screenshots that can take any form the user wants. It looks much like cutting the important part of a website or application like you would cut a newspaper article.
A click on the Snippy icon changes the mouse cursor to a pen that can be used to encircle the area that the user wants to save, rectangular areas can still be saved by pressing the shift key. The final area will be send to the clipboard right away, if it was taken on a website the url of the website will also be send to the clipboard.

The software supports multiple monitors and the use of hotkeys to start the capturing process. Definitely an interesting program that has a size of only 84 Kilobyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom