Create executable media files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Want to send a video to your friend that you found on Youtube only to find out that Youtube is blocked at his school or workplace or that the video is not playable because it is missing the needed codec and the installation of new applications or codecs is blocked ? Audio / Video to Exe might be the solution. I'm usually not very fond of executables send over email or offered on websites and very cautious before I even think of double-clicking those files.
I think it's ok as long as you can validate that the executable has been send by a friend. I would still scan it using an online scanner though. The software supports a lot of different audio and video formats, all the important ones are included like mov, flv, mp4, mpg, avi, swf and wmv.
Audio / Video to Exe (via Instant Fundas) can process multiple files at once and either convert them into a different format or create one executable for each multimedia file that has been added to the interface. The output size is roughly the size of the audio or video file.

I did encounter several errors while testing the application. It seems to have troubles with large files. The conversion of a 1.7 Gigabyte video to the executable format succeeded but I was not able to play it afterwards. Some videos were not playing correctly as well after the conversion.
The only advise that I can give is to try it out for yourself and see if the conversion worked for the audio or video files before you upload them or send them to a friend.

Create executable media files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom