comparing two csv files mainly two columns containing time - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default comparing two csv files mainly two columns containing time

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have some csv files and I want to compare these files and so searching for software. I have installed opensuse leap 42.3 on my PC with openoffice.

All the files which I want to compare consists of properties of audio files they are filename, playback length, audio codec, bitrate, file path.

Suppose I want to compare two files the two files consists of same columns.

I want to compare two such files considering first column ie., FileName. Can you suggest how to create a new csv file which consists of rows which are unique I mean the FileName field must not contain in the first file or in the second file.

Suppose the two csv files consists of say 1000 rows with columns FileName, PlayBackLength,Path,AudioCodec. Can you suggest how to create a new csv file which consists of rows which are not equal in PlayBackLength I mean they differ in that column only and has similar values in other columns.

Also suggest how to calculate total sum of time column which is in format HH:MM:SS

Can you try to suggest how to use csvdiff tool for the above purposes. Is there any other tool or software to achieve the above purposes.

Regards,

Rupesh.
rupeshforu3 is offline   Reply With Quote