The Compact Disk Eraser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Let me ask you a question: What do you do with old CDs and DVDs that have data on them ? Do you simply throw them away, recycle them ? What do you use to destroy the data on the disks ? If you never thought about this matter before and have a stash of used disks lying around you might want to take a look at the compact disk eraser. The disk eraser is a handy compact tool that wipes out CDs and DVDs environmentally friendly keeping the disks intact. You slide the disk once or more through the disk eraser creating a wide strip that can't be polished out.
compactdiskeraser1.jpg

The website answers some frequently asked questions on their website. Breaking a CD would for instance have the same effect but would not make it recyclable anymore. Microwaving CDs would be bad for the microwave due to metal arcing and toxic fumes. Scratching CDs with sharp objects like knifes could have the same effect but is more time consuming and not that data secure.
I'm still not really convinced if the method is really destroying all data on the disks. It does not cost much and would be worth a try but how am I supposed to find out if the CDs and DVDs can't be read by experts ? What do you normally use for this purpose ?
found: fosfor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom