Combine Text Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
My old hoster had the habit of providing me with 20 Megabyte log file chunks that I could download to my computer. I did run a great forum back then that had lots of traffic and I always had to download several log files and combine them when they were downloaded on my computer. That's one practical use for the software TxtCollector which combines text documents found in folders and subfolders that the user specifies.
The author of the software used it to combine reports that he received at work. Having one file instead of many has some advantages. It's pretty obvious for log files but it also provides a better way of handling files when you look at the report example. It is easier to search inside one document than it is to search in several documents, it's also easier to keep an overview.
Using TxtCollector is not difficulty. Just select a folder with text documents that you want to merge, check or uncheck the Include Subfolders option, select if you want to use a separator or not and click on the Combine All Files button.
txtcollector.gif

The application runs on all Windows operating systems starting with Windows 95 and including Windows Vista.

Combine Text Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom