Clear all non system fonts automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Roman commented on my article about removing fonts to increase system startup speed yesterday mentioning the free software Font Frenzy which could remove all non system fonts with the click of a button. This is way more elegant than the suggested manual way that I came up with yesterday which is why I would like to write about Font Frenzy today.
A quick recap: Fonts slow down system startup. The difference between 1000 and 100 installed fonts is almost 25 seconds which is huge. Windows XP installs 44 fonts and all other fonts are added by other applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Gimp.
fontfrenzy.jpg

Besides offering the ability to remove all non system fonts in Windows XP which is called DeFrenzy in Font Frenzy it offers the functionality to make a snapshot of your current fonts and backup them.
The so called FrenzyMan is a font manager which displays all fonts in a list giving the user options to install, delete, add new, unload and view the selected fonts. What I really like about Font Frenzy is that it does not need to be installed and can be run from any location on your hard drive

Clear all non system fonts automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom