Changing Fonts in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I recently encountered a problem with some of the fonts that Firefox was using to display website contents. I changed some default system fonts in Windows XP to Windows Vista fonts and since then encountered an almost unreadable font in the forms on almost any website. It turned out that Firefox was using one of the new Vista fonts to display the text in form fields which was totally out of place so to speak. The chars were so close to each other that I was barely able to make them out and that an increase in font size did not have a positive effect on the display either.
I knew that there was a setting somewhere in Firefox that would let me pick fonts. You can access it in the Firefox options (Tools > Options). A click on the Content tab reveals a section entitled Fonts % Colors and a click on the Advanced button in that section leads to a new windows where fonts for specific elements on websites can be selected. The problem that I encountered was the Monospace font. I changed that to the Cambria Font and everything turned back to a readable normal state.
I'm probably not the only one encountering this behavior and I thought it would be great to have it on paper so that everyone can look it up in case they do not know how to edit the fonts in Firefox.

Changing Fonts in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom