CCleaner 2.0 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I decided to uninstall the old CCleaner version that I had installed on my system and replace it with the first CCleaner 2.0 beta version which was released just a few days ago. The new CCleaner version was rebuild from scratch in C++ adding Windows Vista, 64-bit and portable support to this excellent software.
Processes such as scanning and cleaning were optimized as well. I'm not that convinced that the procedure is that faster but it surely is fast enough even if you decide to clean a lot of files.
Let me explain what CCleaner does if you have never heard about this software before. CCleaner is a software that cleans traces on your computer. It is able to clean cookies in various browsers, website histories, urls, recent documents and several more all with the click of a button.
Next to removing traces of various programs and system activity CCleaner is able to scan and repair the registry as well and delete the information using secure file deletion processes.
I like the fact that it is possible to use CCleaner from an USB stick which means that you can take it with you and execute the software whenever you are finished working on a public computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom