Catalog your books with Goodreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Catalog your books with Goodreads

I've previously written about Librarything, a book cataloging service, and now here I am again with another similar service, Goodreads. This service is very similar, but there are a few features which I like more here, making this a better solution for me.
The basics are the same. Fnd your books, add them, share them, indicate if you want to read a book and so on. However you can add your books using inline editing. With Library things you add a book, a page is loaded, you edit, then have to go back. With Goodreads there is a sort of inline popup box allowing you to add books much quicker. I owe about 40 Terry Pratchett books, so this made my initial set up much easier.
There is also a cool book compatability test which shows you, based upon your reading of a lot of books, which books would be best for you. This, and other friendly features make this more appealing to me, while basically there is not much difference between the two. If you've alread set one up extensively perhaps you're better off there, but if you are ust starting I suggest going with Goodreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom