Billy a simple but awesome music player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Billy a simple but awesome music player

We had a look at how you use your medial player not long ago and I've taken a look at some of the ones you mentioned I particularly liked Billy (thanks for the tip Xaro), a no-frills (but also no complications) music player, which does exactly what I want it to do. Play my music without downloading a heap of metadata for it and without taking a chunk out of my RAM.
The download is a tiny 540Kb, and when running with 15 albums added, it takes away less than 5,000K of memory. For the half a megabyte download you do get more than you think, with full global hotkey support for 13 operations, the ability to record internet radio, Lastfm history submission, this is not as shabby or as simple as you might think.
You can also add your media folders and set up some format rules, the ability to launch multiple instances, etc, but despite all these advanced features the best thing about Billy is that it is small, and extremely usable. You won't be building a fully tagged and organized music database, but if you just want to do some work with set&forget music, tucked away in your system tray, Billy is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom