The best way to record Internet Radio streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I don't want to make a big fuss about it. I tried lots of softwares that record Internet Radio streams and found one that was the perfect fit for my situation. I prefer a software that would function as my main music player and be able to record Internet Radio streams over a software that would have the ability to record the streams but that I would never use to listen to music.
Thus, all those Internet Radio saving applications like Raima Radio, Stationripper or Phonostar have not made it into the final round. I also did not want to use huge media clients such as Windows Media Player that would simply suck up to many resources. What I wanted was a lightweight music player with the capability of recording Internet Radio streams.
I did find it. XMPlay is the client that is lightweight and is able to record Internet Radio streams. XMPlay uses just 6.8 Megabytes of Ram when playing high-quality Internet Radio which is as lightweight as it can get.
The function to record Internet Radio is already implemented and can be accessed by simply right-clicking the stream url in the music player and selecting ‘Write to Disk' from the menu. This saves the stream from that point on until you stop the recording.

It is possible to record the stream as one huge mp3 file or save individual tracks which is probably the better and organized way to record Internet Radio.
The only reason why I would choose another application would be if I wanted to schedule a recording or record more than one station at a time. Raima Radio would be the software of my choice if I wanted to do any of the above mentioned tasks.
Read More:
XMPlay
Raima Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom