The best way to create pdf documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I have been using two methods to create pdf documents lately and made the decision to stick with one of them after evaluating both of them. Creating pdf documents is not something that I have to do on a daily basis but it was always a rather complicated process because I did not want to purchase a professional version of Adobe Acrobat only to create a handful of documents each year.
The first method that I discovered was a online service that created a pdf document out of documents that I would upload to their website. The newly created pdf document was then send to my email account. While this message had the advantage that I did not have to install a software on my system it has some disadvantages.
The most important for me are privacy concerns. I sometimes have to convert documents that I don't want to expose to others and I don't want to take that risk even if it is a slim one.
A far better solution in my opinion is doPDF which installs itself as a pdf printer on your system. Whenever you would need a pdf document you would simply choose to print - which does not print but save - the document that you want to convert.
This way a pdf document is created without third party involvement which is way better in my opinion.
Take a look at the Youtube video to see a demonstration:

link: dopdf homepage
online pdf converter: pdf online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom