Backup all email accounts in one place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
How many mail accounts do you have ? Last time I counted them I had ten. Ten private and business accounts at various webmailers and servers. Ever since then I was looking for a solution to backup all my mail accounts in one go which would include the possibility to place them in a secure location such as a CD or DVD.
Mailstore Home looks very promising. It can backup emails from programs like Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird but also from webmailers (pop and imap) and even mbox files. Mails from programs that are installed on your computer can be backed up with just two clicks of the mouse while pop3 and imap require additional information such as your Gmail account information.
All mails are compressed to save disk space. Once the mails have been added they can easily be burned to CD or DVD using the same interface. The one thing that is lacking is that there is no way of scheduling backups.
Mailstore offers a fast search which is great if you want to quickly find a mail but are not sure where it was send to. All mails from all accounts can be exported in the eml format which is the Outlook Express Electronic Mail format which is supported by most mail applications.
This makes it possible to import all mail into one program in case you want to start using one program from now on. You should note however that you need to add the accounts manually in that program, only the mails are imported.

Backup all email accounts in one place - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom