Automatic Backups when USB Device is connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I found a nice USB software called My Pen Drive which can be freely downloaded from the developers homepage. It is basically offering two great features: One is the ability to autostart applications from the USB drive when it gets connected to the computer, the other a automatic backup function which backups (pre-)selected folders that are saved on the USB drive when it connects to the computer.
The USB software has a clean user interface which makes it easy to configure the options in a short period of time. You can select the program that should be autostarted when the USB Drive connects to your computer in the “Start Programs” pane. The backup function can be configured in the “Backup Folders” pane right above “Start Programs”. You may select up to three custom folders that should be backed up everytime the USB drive connects to the computer.
Several default Microsoft Windows folders such as My Documents, My Music and My Pictures have already been added and can be checked. Besides those you can browse your computer and select three folders that should be backed up as well. It should be obvious that you can't select folders that are bigger than the space of the USB drive.
The total size of a backup is shown in My Pen Drive and you can compare that figure with the size of the USB drive. Great little application, I use it mainly for backing up personal files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom