Autocomplete for all applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Autocomplete is being used in many browsers to offer the user suggestions of what he is going to type into the box giving him the opportunity to select one of the suggestions without having to type the full address. Mobile Phones have a similar function that suggests words when the users begins typing them in when writing a SMS for instance.
Let Me Type is a Windows application that puts the autocomplete feature in a bigger context. It uses input from all applications to offers suggestions to the user. I'm for instance currently writing this article in Wordpress and Let Me Type records the words that I use and offers suggestions if I begin typing a word that looks similar to one that I already used.
It is a little bit confusing at first because lots of suggestions pop up but it is possible to simply ignore them. They disappear automatically when a new word begins. The settings make it easy to change the default behavior of Let Me Type.
Users can change the minimum number of characters for suggestions and the maximum amount of suggestions. The position of the box with the suggestions can be changed as well as the usual typing speed of the user. Best of all the minimum length of a word or phrase can be specified. By default all words or phrases with at least 5 characters are suggested.
Passwords and similar words can be blocked from being added to Let Me Type. My personal opinion is that Let Me Type excels if you configure it for one application only. This could be a code editor for instance.

Autocomplete for all applications - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom