Attachement Extractor for Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I had a situation recently where I had to extract about forty emails with attachments in Thunderbird. Doing this manually wastes so much time and I was looking for a way to extract all the attachments automatically. Thankfully genbeta posted a reference to the Thunderbird Attachment Extractor extension which does exactly what I was looking for.

The extension makes it easy to extract multiple attachments at once. Just select all the mails that have the attachments that you want to extract and right-click afterwards. The option to extract them either to the default Thunderbird directory or to another location can be selected from the context menu. You may want to configure the attachment extractor further. You could for instance add potentially dangerous file types to a filter, add a default save path or define which action should take place if a file name already exists.

Installation is a little bit trickier than installing extensions in Firefox. You have to download the xpi file and install it directly in Thunderbird by going to Tools > Extensions > Install. Choose the downloaded file and it will be installed automatically at the next start.

http://www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions#download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom