Any Client a Web Based FTP Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
When I was working back then for a big company I had to use a computer that they provided with no options to install new software on that computer. I still did update my websites frequently in my spare time but always struggled when I had to install new scripts or upload files to the website because I did not have access to an ftp client nor something like WinSCP.
An online ftp client like Any Client would have come in handy at that time. It completely loads in the browser - providing that Java is installed - and offers a basic ftp interface and connection options. Any Client has the typical ftp client layout, the left side is showing your files while the right one loads the remote directory of the ftp that you connect to.
Speaking of connecting to the ftp. It is naturally inevitable that you have to add the IP, username and password to the client which could be a security concern. SFTP and SSH are supported as well. The sites that you add are saved locally on your computer.
web_ftp_client.jpg

Resuming uploads and downloads is supported as well as creating directories and renaming files and folders. Editing files however is not possible which means that you have to download a file first, edit it and upload it again if you want to make changes to your website.
Navigating the client feels a bit sluggish as well. The thing that's missing the most at the moment is the missing feature to edit common file types.

Any Client a Web Based FTP Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom