Antivirus Firewall Software Leak Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Antivirus Firewall Software Leak Test

How good is your antivirus firewall software program? It is hard to tell as a end user. Sure, you can rely on information provided by test magazines, Internet websites, antivirus and firewall software developers or opinions from friends and colleagues. All of those recommendations are to a degree based on opinion and test criteria.
A good way to perform security tests on antivirus firewall software programs are so called leak tests. These tests simulate different kind of attacks and manipulations on a computer system without actually doing any harm to it. They usually present statistics at the end telling the user which tests the antivirus firewall software program passed and which it failed.
Comodo Leaktest is but one of the many available leak tests on the Internet. The security software is testing a total 34 different attacks and manipulations of a computer system running the Microsoft Windows operating system. Depending on the antivirus and firewall software in use some, all or none might spawn alerts.

The software program will display a score in the end. The maximum amount of points is 340, 10 for each test passed. Each test is explained on a local html page that gets downloaded with the software program. Those information can be used to find out why a test has not been passed. It does require some research though as the information provided are only answers to the questions what the test is doing and what the harm is if the test fails.
The leak test can be divided into different categories. It will begin with some rootkits tests followed by invasion, injection, info send, impersonation and hijacking tests.
Comodo Leak Test is a portable security software that will test an antivirus firewall software that is installed on a Windows operating system. It provides the means to find out if your computer system is still - partially or fully - vulnerable to common attacks encountered locally and remotely.

Mine wasn't very reassuring either. I think I only passed the same two as you. Are you sure this is legit, because Adware went crazy as soon as it started running and found two instances of malware. My pc was definitely clean before this. (At least according to Adware)

It's definitely legit; and Adware is completely right about finding malware, that's the point of the program!
Incidentally, I use AVG and it only noticed that one of the pieces of malware, compared to Adware's two. Just observations.

It's definitely legit; and Adware is completely right about finding malware, that's the point of the program!
Incidentally, I use AVG and it only noticed that one of the pieces of malware, compared to Adware's two. Just observations.

My point was, if the malware is included in the program. So your av found malware in this program as well?
I scanned it before extracting and found nothing though.
I did test my firewall some time ago using an online scanner, and I passed everything so I think I like that one better:D:D

Adaware only scans for Spyware. Nothing more. Plus Adware can also generate false positives. Now if your Anti-Virus went off that would be a different story.

I scanned it before and the actual .exe file itself with Avast and nothing came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom