Another screencast service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Martin has already showed you a few screencast services like Jing and Screencast-O-matic, but here's another I found worth sharing, since it's siper simple and easy to use.
Freescreencast.com allows you to quickly create and push button upload screencasts to the web. Once uploaded, you can either view it on site immediately, or you can embed the screencast in two modes onto your website or blog. I also love the fact that you can so easily export your screencast into an flv file for future use. This is great for me, since I'm thinking of doing some screencasts, but I don't necessarily want to share this with everone.
Also, the application is very bare-bones, no bells and whistles, but for me, none needed. I don't really need annotation, advanced editing and plugins for effects. If you simply want to ability to record and share, or save, without any hassle, Freescreencast.com and their software is for you.
screencast.png
If you need a tutorial on all this, take a look at the Starter Tutorial, but you can find more on the website. I found the tut to be a bit on the funny side, to me the persons accent is very irritating (sorry), and the recording quality could also be better. Note that the screencaster is using Vista, with all skinning taken off.

Another screencast service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom