animoto: Create a video presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
animoto: Create a video presentation

animoto is a site which allows video presentations to be made in a minimal amount of time, claiming to be the killer of slideshows (although in reality they are slideshows!). The end result is an extremely slick slideshow.
The site makes creating a video presentation easily: to create one, all you must do is simply upload some pictures, or import them from a website, upload a song, or choose one from their, and finalise it. The presentation can then be shared or downloaded.
Whilst you may think you can do all of this in a desktop video editor such as Windows Movie Maker, animoto does it much quicker, has good production and analyses the sound and pictures and mixes them together to ensure they flow well. Humans have an input too; deciding the order in which to put the pictures, the ability to add text and ability to put more emphasis on particular images.
Slideshows speak better than words, so view mine of my holiday in Poland in 2007.
Unfortunately, animoto has some limitations.
In order to have higher-definition presentations or to make them last longer than 30 seconds, the user must pay. To remove the time limit, it's either $3/video or $30/year and to allow them to be at DVD quality, you must pay $5/video. This may sound expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it if you need to put on a good presentation. Only full-length videos (ie those you've paid $3 for) can be downloaded.
An application is also available for iPhones so you can view animoto presentations on them.
animoto allows presentations to be shared straight into most social networking sites like MySpace, Orkut and Facebook and images can be imported from Flickr, Smugmug, Facebook, Photobucket or Picasa.
(Thanks to Azhar Chougle for introducing me to animoto.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom