Add Lyrics to your iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Would not it be nice to have lyrics for every song on your iPod to be able to sing along or look up some lines which were hard to understand. Canto Pod is a freeware application for Windows that makes it easy to add lyrics to most songs that you have on your iPod.

It automatically detects the drive letter that the iPod is connected to and requires a first name, last name and email address at first start. Canto Pod starts afterwards and you can click on Songs on iPod to retrieve all songs that are currently stored on your iPod. You may then select up to 15 songs and download them to your iPod. I guess the 15 lyrics at once limit is to ensure that the server does not get bombed with hundreds of requests at once.

Lyrics can be stored in three different locations on your iPod. Notes, Contact or mp3 lyrics tag. Only iPods of the newest generation (nano and video) support the feature that the lyrics are displayed from the song itself. It takes a little bit to download lyrics and it is rather uncomfortable that you have to select the songs that you want to download lyrics from by yourself.

If I would do it for all of my songs on my iPod Nano it would take more than 500 clicks to select all songs (no select next 15, select all, download consecutively) which will hopefully be added to Canto Pod in a future release. There is also no information wether lyrics have been downloaded successfully or not.

http://www.staylazy.net/canto/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom