Add Hard Drive Songs to Your Myspace Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I have a Myspace profile, thanks to a friend who had his own band. There are a bunch of sites that have fancy comments as well as cool layouts you can use to customize your profile. All in all, I'm fairly satisfied with Myspace.
The one thing that bothered me though was that I could never add a song of my choice to my profile. I'd stumble upon a favorite artist or band but they just wouldn't have the song I was looking for. Luckily, plenty of people feel the same way, which has led to a fix for this ‘problem'.
This is where Profile Pitstop comes in. This site helps you add songs from your hard drive to your Myspace profile. In the first step, you select the basic look for your player. Basic GUIs range from a cassette or walkman to an Ipod-like interface or just a simple playlist.

Once you decide on a player, you can go ahead and customize it to your liking. This is a great option because you can make your player fit in with the rest of your profile layout. At this stage, you can also decide if you want your songs to begin playing the moment someone visits your page. In addition, you can specify if you want your songs to be played in order or randomly.
The third step involves actually putting the songs into your player. Unfortunately, Profile Pitstop itself does not allow you to upload files directly. You need to upload them to a file storage site and then paste the URLs on the Profile Pitstop page. The key here is that your uploaded file should have a link ending in ‘mp3'. The site itself recommends FileDen for uploading but you can use whatever you like.
Alternatively, you can add links from a site like Skreemr. Just do a search for any song and then paste the link into the Profile Pitstop page. The only downside is that you have no control over how long the song stays online.
Once your playlist is ready, the next page asks you to login or if you would like to register. Registration is not compulsory but if you do register, you will be able to edit your playlist, as well as make changes to your player itself. If you don't want to register, you can simply click on ‘Skip sign-up'.
In the final step, all you have to do is copy the code which appears and then paste it wherever you want, in your Myspace profile. Or, you can type in your Myspace login details, select a particular section and the player will automatically be placed there. In case you skipped the sign-up, I recommend you copy and paste this code in a text file somewhere on your computer.
This method is the ideal way for someone to add a bunch of songs that are created personally. Maybe you want to relieve a drunken karaoke session or you'd prefer to have the music from your kid's school recital. You could even record some voice clips and put those up!

Add Hard Drive Songs to Your Myspace Profile - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom