9 high quality free fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
9 high quality free fonts

Sometimes I find a free resource wich is just so much higher quality than most paid sources it's astounding. I mean if someone can design 9 free fonts that look this good, how does his commercial work look like? Judging from the webpage and the fonts, this person truly loves typography, and the free fonts are his children, which are truly amazing.
You don't only get one font weight with only a few extra characters. You get the full deal, with different font weights, characters, and in some cases all characters have a unique shape (Delicious font). There are also some nice descriptions, which make me realize how hard font design must be. Apparently “The Delicious italic is not a slanted roman, but a true italic.”… No comment from me, I have no idea what he's talking about, but the font looks awesome!
My favorite one is Museo and Diavolo. I love the elegance that the narrow Museo offers, especially in its thinner variants. Diavolo is probably one of the coolest fonts I've ever seen. Put a bold heading on any page in Diavolo and the font itself makes a statement instantly. My only problem is now that I can't use these fonts in my web pages because few people have them, let's hope css3 changes this and enables embedding of fonts properly. Anyway, these fonts are awesome, check them out and download them right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom