Yippie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Just bought a PS3 the other day. Went to best buy and they were having the three year financing so we bought a new HD tv and PS3. Haven't had a PS since about two years ago when I sold my PS2. Don't really play computer games much except a few like Civilization, and I've always been more of a console gamer then a computer gamer (even then not a huge gamer).

Anyways i freaking love this thing and i haven't even played it a lot. Got Killzone2 and MLB 2009. Haven't played MLB much since Killzone is so freakin awesome. Can't wait for Madden to come out (that is the game I probably played the most on PS2).

Haven't played online yet, but I have browsed the Internet and checked email through the PS3 :D

Congrats!

*cough* Should have gotten a 360 *cough*
Just kidding! Killzone 2 is an amazing game, although I didn't like the online too much because some of the maps were too big and you rarely ran into people and others were so small it was hard to spawn outside of a battle. If you do go online, make sure you set the setting to play with only the same rank. If you don't choose that you will play with people who have unlocked all the different classes and it will be impossible for you.

My only gripe with Killzone 2 was the weird choice to make your aiming accelerate and decelerate. Makes it near impossible to melee someone in close range combat, and makes adjusting your aim just slightly a much bigger chore. Still a great game with great graphics!

What HDTV did you get?

Samsung 40'' Series 6 630. Love it! Then I had to buy some rediulously expensive cable so my PS3 would look great on the TV.

Ya I haven't played online yet, in fact today (i have tues, fri, sat off) is the first day i'm cracking open the MLB 2k9. Pretty sweet game too.

Ya Killzone2 is the first FPS game that i've played since Counter Strike on the computer back when I was in college. THat was the only FPS game I ever played, so I was really hoping Killzone2 would be a good game as it takes a lot in a FPS for me to enjoy it. I'm more of a Madden fanatic, as well as a few other sports games. But Killzone hasn't dissapointed, although I agree with you once I get up close to someone i always scroll past them b/c of speed of the scroll is the same 1 foot from an enemy or 50 feet. Makes beating them up w/ the butt of my gun almost impossible. Usually just end up spraying and praying at that point.

I am looking into getting a new 47" Vizio XVT pretty soon. It's $1400 new, but I could grab it for around $1250 at some places online. I really want the 42" model, but it's like they always say with electronics, you should buy one better than what you think you want so you don't end up wanting it later on :p

I've heard that the XVT Vizio sets are amazing when calibrated and have about the best sound you can get out of the standard TV speakers (which is important for my apartment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom