wireless ps2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
im sure someone has suggested this before but i was wondering if i could get ps2 online wirelessly
i was wondering if i could connect the ethernet cables from my laptop to my ps2 and use wireless internet from the laptop
not sure if this works but i dont feel like buying a huge ethernet wire

There are plenty options for wireless web on your ps2. Just search google for PS2 wireless ethernet bridge. Dlink and Linksys both make one. And I'm sure a few other companies do. As far as using your laptop to hook it up, that I'm not sure. I use to have 2 network cards in my desktop and ran one to my PS2. If you have two on your laptop and windows xp you might be able to run it similarly. I'd ask around in the networking forums.

thanks but id rather not buy any extra equipment if it isnt neccessary i have a wireless router and i use my laptop on it and i have an ethernet port in my laptop so just wondering if i could connect ethernet in my laptop to the ps2 and the ps2 just run off the wireless in my laptop

it seems highly unlikely that this is possible so ill probably be going and buying of the network bridges you suggested
thanks

Well another option is a USB wireless bridge. You won't have to spend the 40 bucks on the PS2 network adapter then. But I'm not sure how well these work with PS2 and if many work at all. As far as usuing your laptops extra ethernet port, you need to setup a home network. Under there it will let you chose to share an internet connection through that computer.

I havea wireless router, you can jus buy a wireless network card ur usb wireless adapter and atach to ps2 and it goes to router//

You can be like me, I free loaded an SMC router of a friend i also got some Cat/5 and Cat/6 cable so technicly my ps2 is a 4th "pc" on my lan. Good way to make a free load useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom