Whose Ready for Gran Turismo 5 :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya im not even attempting to drift until i get a steering weel. so far right now i use the r2 and l2 to shift. i use r1 as e brake but never use it. i use the right stick to accelerate and break, and i use the left obvi to steer. i like the precision you get from using the right analog stick to throttle and break. but im still buying a g27 with my best buy canada employee discount :D

I got it 2 days after release. I'm loving the game. I'm a little upset that they do not have G25 hardware setup in the menu. It fully supports the wheel as far as controls go and such but no way to edit setting for it. Here is my setup, G25 and PlayEvo racing chair. Here is also a replay pic of my ZR-1 :)

Sorry if the quality is bad. I took pics with my phone and uploaded them over 3G as well...

f0e350ea.jpg

bed87f6c.jpg

im almost lvl 20 i had to work over the week end so that slowed me down. but this game is rocking. i have the autobacks car the ATRA decked out kills any other car under 500hp. but i like to do online racing atm. so far i like my atra alot. but i also like to do races where everyone has the same car. shows more skill then machine. totally dominated some French people from quebec ( mind you i do speak French) we raced in suzuka full track. in the rain with rx7's. they where blown away by how good i was at keeping my line, but i get that primarily from drifting in other games. as speed and angle are less important then your line, anyway they tried to nitpick that i brake to late into the corners but i sill beat all of them. i told them i wasnt breaking to early i was just pushing my car to its limits. how fast i can hit a corner how late can i break and how fast can i go around that corner with the best speed/ line ratio. i cannot wait till i get a wheel.

Wow, I don't even know what most of this stuff you guys are saying means. I rented prologue and didn't really like it too much because it was really hard. Is this a big step up? I like mario kart n64/ds, diddy kong racing n64, cruizin USA n64, and motorstorm is alright too. I know those all are a lot different from this. It looks like this would be great fun if you had one of those racing wheels, especially one like you chad. However, it isn't quite worth the money for one of those if you're not a fanatic. Plus, I wouldn't have a surface to put it on. Is it worth it for someone like me?

Wow, I don't even know what most of this stuff you guys are saying means. I rented prologue and didn't really like it too much because it was really hard. Is this a big step up? I like mario kart n64/ds, diddy kong racing n64, cruizin USA n64, and motorstorm is alright too. I know those all are a lot different from this. It looks like this would be great fun if you had one of those racing wheels, especially one like you chad. However, it isn't quite worth the money for one of those if you're not a fanatic. Plus, I wouldn't have a surface to put it on. Is it worth it for someone like me?
you can hook your ps3 up to your monitor via hdmi or get a special vga wire, most hdmi monitors have headphone plugs so i just plug in speakers. i lay at my computer desk. also im a huge fanatic, Ive been playing gt since the original. and im 20 now almost 21 so i have no idea how many years its been i was so young. Ive been amazing at it since then also used to beat my dad and his buddy who where also huge on it.

but ya for me my 1080p pc monitor is the best bet for me. with a wheel thatl be mounted at my desk. all those games including motor storm are all arcade racers. gt5 is a racing sim, makes you feel like your driving a car as much as it possibly can where ever it is that you game. what gt5 has done to improove and i feel make it more fun compared to other games is the level of entry it offers. so many assists to be turned on or off or even tweaked from 0-10 on things like tcs and so on. also gt5 really makes you feel like your going fast unlike forza. you hit 100mph which isn't ridiculously fast but its not slow either in forza and it feels like your going for a stroll in the park. the more i play gt5 the more and more im having fun with it.

i love it so much ive been listening to http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=WZZeUn_EJAo for about a half hour now lol.

GT5 can be setup as a sim as much as it can be and on the flip side you can setup a lot of assistance if you just want to stomp some throttle down with out having to worry about the repercussions. Up to you and in this game doing one or the other doesn't give you more or less exp or money. Which I do find very odd. You'd think if I turn everything off I'd get a little more for my troubles!

I personally think GT5 shouldn't have used "A Real racing Simulator" as their slogan. Until you have played a real simulator you can't really understand how much GT5 is not a "real" simulator. I do think it has some simulation to it so don't get me wrong but go try out rFactor or GT Evolution and then try GT5 out.

I think if you buy this game you should spend the cash for a decent wheel. My buddy has some wheel that you can get for this game and it cost him $200 for the game and wheel. Not bad. I think your best bet it to mount the wheel on a TV Stand (Food stand) if you don't have another alternative. Once you have got your monies worth out of GT5 sell the wheel...or keep it because there is always going to be great racing games coming out down the road.....AND you never know when you are going to stop gaming! I'm about to be 34 years old and I'm still a kid inside. Hope to be that way until I die!

Well idk then cause that is a lot of money for me to spend if I'm not a big racer fan and did not enjoy prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom