Whose Ready for Gran Turismo 5 :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Anybody on this forum getting this Game on release date of (24th November) :silly: ? Just bought the Driving Force GT also ! I heard its also going to be 3 Discs!? which i dont see why.. :confused:

IMG00155-20101119-2324.jpg

1,000+ highly detailed cars probably take up more than a few megs each, I'm guessing :tongue:

My brother is pretty excited. He's been waiting for this one since our 360 quit (for the sixth time) along with Forza 3.

oh i want this game badly, but i just spend my last dime on this **** fan controller and fan. im prob gonna have cash in a couple weeks and ill pick it up. looks beautiful btw

IT'S HEREE !!!! After SIX YEARS of waiting, my game install has just 45seconds left on the clock :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

photo3.jpg

I apologise for the diabolical PQ, but that is the game installing on my new 90" Projector/PS3 setup that isnt yet finished but meh, will do for now.

So excited ;)

been playing all day. the nascar, kart racing, and rally, on dirt and snow is all very well done. the driving itself if better then any other race sim out there. but as far as being a video game, gt 5 lacks alot. only 200 of the 1000 cars have cockpit view. the lack of being able to paint your car with out first unlocking each individual color is a pain. also the upgrade system is much more shallow then other games. this also goes for tunning. so far i prefer forza 3 as a game. and im a litle disappointed but then again the driving is so amazingly good it has me hooked right in. also the damage system in game is very lackluster it litteraly has no consequence that i know of. i dont even know if i have it enabled or not. i havent been able to find anything, but my cars also aren't being visually damaged. Polyphony keep up the amazing work on how realistic your driving is. but you need to take some more influence from turn 10, and what they are doing with forza, because as far as being a game about cars, and a racing sim, you need to let us toy with the vehicles more then what we can now. that is my only complaint. the game modes are amazing, the drivign is amazing, but we need to be able to play with the cars more.

so far i rate it like this
gt5
Driving 9.5
racing modes 9.5
car collection 10.0
car detail 8.0
car customization 7.0
car damage i cant really say its almost non existent

for me forza 3 is as follow's
driving 8.5
racing modes 9.0
car collection 9.0
car detail 10.0 ( over 400 cars all with in car view and fully functional gauges)
car customization 10.0 (forza tops out even games like midnight club and need for speed, full out body kits that are available in world. the custom decal and paint system is unmatched on the market, i compare it to photoshop even.)
car damage 8.5 cares are fully damaged with actual consequences like loosing credits at the end of the race.

if gt5 they had 1000 cars with incar view then i would have been ridiculously pleased, im bummed out that some cars that are just diferent models ( AKA nissan skyline from one year to another might actually have an incar view but the other year might not, yet they most likely have the same interior.)
if the damaging system was much better, and if we could customize our cars to the level we can in forza, wich to be honest is preaty much everything you can do in the real world like engine and drive train swaps and so on gt5 would be amazing.

Final summary, gt5 did what they promise i guesse wich is be the real racing simulator. but 6 years in development with such litle change over gt4 disappointed me, yet i still love the game. but as far as value and fun level forza 3 has it, the driving may be slightly less realistic there is so much more to enjoy.

i do plan on investign a litle more money to set myself up a nice set up. right now im on a 22inch 1080p computer monitor and its perfect, i have a decent chair allready, i just need to look at a wheel and a PlayStation eye for head tracking. i dont think il even make an effort or attempt to play it in 3d.
Sereously if you own a playstation 3 this is a must have game, the driving is so realistic, and you feel the speed of your car unlike in forza. this game can appeal to any racing game fan. You must not go with out, and i might even say this game is worth even the purchase of a PlayStation 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom