Video Not working (not what you thinks wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krownzz

Solid State Member
Ok so before you jump to conclusions, please read the full thread.

So i plugged my ps3's AV cords (red, White, Yellow) cords into my tv. then i plugged the power cord into the socket and apparently the socket was faulty and i seen sparks. So... i thought you know it was just a normal thing that happens once in a while. Well i was wrong. apparently it did somthing to my tv's motherboard were it completley screwed up and just had white and black lines swipping across the screen. well after this i hooked up a diffrent tv (and obviously used a diffrent socket). and the audio on my ps3 was working but the video wasnt :(. so I jumped to the conclusion most people reading this thread did, Reset the video settings on the ps3 by holding down the power button blahblahblahblah! well that didnt work. i tried millions of times, still nothing. ive tried a ps2 cord i can still hear the audio.. but again.. no video. so i think ive come to the conclusion that there is somthing wrong with the in ternal workings of my ps3. everything sounds completley perfect and l;ooks perfect yet there are no signs of video.. and to answer probably one of the first questions i wasnt using a HD plasma tv i was using a normal tv. so can some one throw some ideas around and maybe how much it will cost to fix?
Thanks alot guys!

It will cost $299. The price of a new PS3. Fromt eh sounds of it, you fried the PS3 video.

Hmm sony are good for replacments, ring 08705 998877 and tell them that theres no video on screen after a update. They will 100% send you a new one next day (maybe day after depending on time you ring)
This goes with all most sonys other gizmos, PSP, MP3 etc. As long as you tell them a good enough story on phone......

Yeah to bad that wont last when they get the unit in and see that it wasnt a update that caused this.

Plus that is the UK number. Check Sony's site for the US number if you are not there.

i dont think sony actualy do anything if you lie, i did it with my psp loads of times (bricked twice and dropped in toilet) and each time i made up a bull#### story up. Always got a new one send and they never said anything about what i sent them........:cute:

The thing is, when they start to loss tons of money from sending out replacements and getting back bricks, they will wise up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom