UMD movies will be discontinued shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have been talking with a reliable sorce down a Fox Studios Aust. Sony is very likely going to be pulling the plug on the UMD Movie format for Playstation Portable. All ready various studios and DVD production house have stepped back from producing any more UMD movies.

The reason being was that they were not selling that well to begin with.
And with the prices of digital media plumiting to an all time low, it just as easy to store movies onto the Memory Stick Duo.
This is not just local, this is happening world wide.

Over all this come to me as no suprise.

NvidiaDude said:
interesting stuff harper... let them discontinue them not many people do buy UMD Movies there rip offs even a NORMAL dvd disc is less money than a UMD Movie in the UK
The conversation with my freind was this ;-
FRIEND :- I would not be spending any more money on UMD movies.
MYSELF :- It's not like I was in the first place.

I only got 1 UMD movie, and that was Spider-Man 2 because Sony was giving it away with registration of my PSP.

Harper said:
The conversation with my freind was this ;-
FRIEND :- I would not be spending any more money on UMD movies.
MYSELF :- It's not like I was in the first place.

I only got 1 UMD movie, and that was Spider-Man 2 because Sony was giving it away with registration of my PSP.

lol same here i only got that 1 aswell i signed up for it why not... i think they should do a competition for PSP Users and like fill in a form on the www.mypsp.co.uk with all your psp details and your name and that and see who wins about 25 UMD Movies

i always saw this happening..i never bought them cuz i thought why would i buy it so i can watch it on my (not sure bought the psp screen size) 4x6 inch screen when i can get the movie for the same price on dvd and watch it on my 52 inch.

plus i always wondered blockbuster never rented out the umd movies..they rent out the games but not the movies if they rented out the movies i would def rent them on psp maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom