Swap Magic Vresion 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

backupmania

Solid State Member
HEY I HEAR THERES A NEW VERSION OF SWAP MAGIC COMING OUT. I READ UP ON IT AND IT SAYS IT WILL BOOT UP ALL PS2 BACKUPS EVEN RIPS. WHICH WOULD BE GREAT CONSIDERING VERSION 2.0 WILL NOT BOOT MOST RIPS. ANY BODY ELSE HEAR ABOUT THIS?

When does it come out???

I'm kinda pissed that it won't load up the JP version of Soul Calibur II for me...i hate it...

the site i read about it on didnt say. it said in the near future but i wish it would hurry up

2-4 weeks for when it's supposed to come out (thank god we don't need to wait for X-Mas now for Freeloader now). As for not booting most rips? You must play verry few games...theres a list of about 15-20 games that won't play out of the 100s that are out there or if your talking about downsizeing a DVD based game to a CD-R? Ripkits have delt with that for a LONG time for those too cheap to buy a DVD burner for $160 =P

There is a patch however for JP Soul Calibur II that allows you to make it work and suposidly and another one for US Soul Calibur II on the way.

No i have about 180 cd-r games. And about 50 of them will not boot with swap magic. Swap magic will also not boot my double protected dvd-r games. Dont know if the new one will or not but i dought it cause of the second check once the game is already going.

Your 50 games that won't boot are more than likely bad burns. Blue border with SM=Good Burn Should Load
Green Boarder=More than likely a bad burn but it's trieing to load
Red Boarder=Bad burn
Also if your games go above 74min they will not load whatsoever and you WILL need to use a ripkit. But here are the confirmed fixes with SM 3.0.

PAL/NTSC Selector
(Wish 2.0 woulda had this)
TOC "Refresh" (for large-TOC games such as rips)
(fixes over 74min games)
v7+ Multiple-ELF Support
(In otherwords double protection games ala Soul Calibur II)
Accelerator Built-In
(No ones quite sure what this is)
Debug Mode (returns to main menu if disc fails to load)
(Duh)
Possible PSX Boot Disc included for use on the PS2
(Won't that be sweet?)
They Might also do a DivX Player but thats probably something you'll have to wait till X-Mas if Zoneloader actualy makes it out then.

Plus on another note DNAS has been cracked for backedup games =)

Ahhh yes...now I think I know what your talking about backup (just tripped accross this little tidbit of information). If your just downloading the games off the internet I've got $20 that says that Kalisto did the rip and added thier into to it. Intros like thiers have been around since pre DOS days but Kalisto actualy codes in thier intros to sabotoge the SM disks (I think they do double pretection). Why they hate SM disks is beyond me though (they've said they don't like SM disks publicly). Mabe they get kickbacks from modchip manufacturers, who knows, but the SM 3.0 disks I think should fix thier sabotoging for a while at least. If you want to fix the problem though just goto the source and backup your games from the origional disks. Downloading PS2 games is such a hap-hazard thing. Yet one more reason now for me to not download games and just look for the origionals.

I dont download them. And most of my kalisto games work. Even the ones with pal/ntsc selectors. Dont know if they were patched or not. I think the reason some wont work is cause who ever I got it from proably did a manual rip and didnt use a kit. Hey do you know any good spots where i can download kits. And is there a site that i can preorder the sm 3.0 at. msn messenger: backupmania@hotmail.com

Your added...know allot a places you can get whatever you want that don't include the word kazza =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom