Stream any PC game to your PS3 with no lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
Got Linux on your PS3? Don't want to sit in front of your computer anymore, but still want to play those PC games you know and love? The tutorial video above lets you figure out how to do just that. The company behind the magic, StreamMyGame, deserves props for figuring this out. What's interesting to note is that lag isn't an obstacle (not even if you're streaming Crysis) because the streaming is on a home network and not the internet. Internet plans are in the works, though. But really, that's just icing on this sweet cake.

Stream any PC game to your PS3 with no lag - PS3 Fanboy

I don't understand the point of this unless maybe your TV is really far from your computer.

A DVI to HDMI cable is all you need, a long one if your TV is far. I'm not bashing PS3, if I were to own a console, I'd buy a PS3, I'm particularly interested to see what happens with Killzone 2, but this just seems pointless for all the hassle.

I don't understand the point of this unless maybe your TV is really far from your computer.

A DVI to HDMI cable is all you need, a long one if your TV is far. I'm not bashing PS3, if I were to own a console, I'd buy a PS3, I'm particularly interested to see what happens with Killzone 2, but this just seems pointless for all the hassle.

Very pointless...

Most TVs with high enough resolution to run a pc game decently also have VGA inputs.

I agree. The only reason for this is to play PC games on a TV and anyone with the kind of cash to have a system worthwhile to want to do this probably have a good TV with the right inputs anyway. I think alot of LCD's have DVI inputs for PC's. I know newer models definately do.

I Dont think the Xbox 360's Processor is Capable of Handling this

True, this is just another example of how powerful the PS3's processor is, especialy since its a streaming processor, and if you watch the Vid this is the first step, next is streaming games of the net.

Also not everyone has their Videogame system right next to their pc. and for those peopel with 2 or more stories on their house, this beats constantly going upstairs, and it is nice to play off the comfort of your own couch and not pc, unless you got one of those 6K computer chairs.

True, this is just another example of how powerful the PS3's processor is, especialy since its a streaming processor, and if you watch the Vid this is the first step, next is streaming games of the net.

Also not everyone has their Videogame system right next to their pc. and for those peopel with 2 or more stories on their house, this beats constantly going upstairs, and it is nice to play off the comfort of your own couch and not pc, unless you got one of those 6K computer chairs.

Relaxing ey ;)

I think pretty much any modern console can stream video. ;)

Its not cpu intensive.

I bet the dreamcast/ps2/xbox could do it fine...

Its just a stupid thing that 1 in 1000000 users will use, but people like theend want it to sound like a huge accomplishment so they can pretend their console isn't a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom