Sony planning deep PS2 discount to counter the Xbox 360 launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booo? Why would you not prefer the new slim version over the older bulkier version? Also, Sony has lead video game sales (and console sales) for many years, and the late 2005 release date for the XBOX360 is a simple ploy from Microsoft in hopes that it can take in the initial hype of the next-gen consoles before Sony and Nintendo release their next-in-lines in 2006. Microsoft is doing all they can to pull in sales because once the PS3 comes out, it will again dominate the market. Industry Professionals have already confirmed the PS3 is much more powerful than the XBOX360 from processing speeds to graphics. And well, the Nintendo Revolution, well sorry to say, Nintendo always seems to end up in last place...

I read a different article about this and it said they would probably lower it to $99.

A price at which they would still make a profit on the newer version.

Not all people will buy the next gen So when they come out they might buy it 1 or 2 yrs after I am going to buy mine the first day i just cant wait

consolemax_com said:
Booo? Why would you not prefer the new slim version over the older bulkier version?
I'm Pretty sure you cant save to the harddrive on the slim version because its sorta missing a harddrive and you need memory cards to save data. but im pretty sure about it, not positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom