Sony Gets Access to IP Addresses of Visitors to Geohot's Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jivey93

Solid State Member
Sony just keeps coming in the ongoing case against noted modder George "Geohot" Hotz. This time it is not Hotz himself that is in the crosshairs of Sony's legal team, it's all of us. A federal magistrate has granted Sony the right to obtain the IP addresses of any person that visited Geohot's site from January of 2009 to present.

Imo sony really needs to chill the **** out, I bought "MY" ps3 when they first released for $500. If I payed for your console it is claimed as mine, so shouldnt I be able to do with it as I wish.

This was all quoted from Maxpc.com, very important for all who downloaded here is link

Maximum PC | Sony Gets Access to IP Addresses of Visitors to Geohot's Site

This has gone way too far. I've visited Geohot's site just because I was curious as to what the code entailed, but the PS3 is the one system I don't care about jailbreaking. I'm perfectly happy with the way it is standard. So am I going to get in trouble because I visited a friggin' website?

Though I'd LOVE to see them find me. My iPhone tethering IP is all over the country. So take that Sony.

Ya, you would totally figure that sony would be more worried in thier bout with LG and actually loosing the PS3 over a ****** patent. Guess goes to show what thier interested in isnt customer service. I also totally agree with the ps being fine how it is, honestly if you own a computer the jailbreak is completely unnecessary. Also whats your iPhone IP got to do with your PS IP, just curious lol

Well, they are pulling IP addresses from people who have watched Geohot's youtube video on jailbreaking, and people who have visited his sites/downloaded the jailbreak code. I use my iPhone IP to browse the web with tethering...

They're not going to be able to prove that anyone who actually dled it used it, so it doesn't really matter. I guess this is just so they can sue in California or whatever.

I downloaded it, but only because I thought it would be taken down. Never really planned on using it, I just have this thing about archiving stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom