Sony 'actively thinking about' charging for PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea..it sucks paying for stuff you don't really use. if I just played the one game online and it was basically the only game I played I could see myself paying for it..but if i can only put in like 5 hoursr of gaming a month there is no way I would pay....

(on the other hand, that would still be like $1/hour for entertainment....it's not exactly the most expensive thing. I've seen movie rentals cost like $6-8 for 2 nights...and you'd most likely only watch it once or twice..so you're paying like $3-4/hour for that...)

According to Sony, online multiplayer is intended to remain completely free as well as the current free feature set. The premium PSN service is supposed to add more content and services than what is already available for a premium price, plus access to different content before free PSN users get access to it. So dont worry, the current PSN like it is it will remain completely free, as there will be multiple additions to the service as a Premium option.

Agreed @ below. Sorry that I cannot directly reply to you in the appropriate place, like anywhere else. These Mods are Draconian in their use of authority.

They're going to make you pay for cross-game voice chat!!!!!!! I guess when psn finally gets a party system like xbl, you'll have to pay for it if you want it. That's ok though I guess. I really don't have almost any friends that play ps3, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom